Whether you want to knit socks, a cardigan or a simple scarf or hat, we've got the perfect yarns and patterns for you. We can help you learn the basics, add a few new stitches to your repertoire or start a more complicated project. With new fall yarns and the latest patterns and books arriving, we're gearing up to help you with all your knitting projects.
So.....take a look at our new class schedule. Call your knitting friends, and sign up for a class or two. It makes for a fun night out with the girls, and you'll actually have a nice project well started. We've had many customers say they really need to come in often for some "therapy" and it's true! So come join us for some classes and find out how much fun and relaxing it is to knit with friends.
- IF you buy the yarn here, the class is FREE!
- You must register for our classes AHEAD OF TIME!
- Because our classes are usually free, it may occasionally be necessary for you to PRINT OFF YOUR OWN pattern from the internet before you come to class. Please be considerate of others and have your pattern ready if this is the case.
- In order to not hold up everyone else, please check the class requirements ahead of time in case something needs to be done BEFORE class begins
- To better accommodate different people's schedules, we usually try to plan two different class dates/times. It is not usually necessary to attend BOTH classes, but you may if you wish. :-)
Whit Vest--Are you crazy for cables? This gorgeous cabled vest is a wonderful project for both the experienced cable knitter and the cable-newbie. A classic vest that will go with anything, this project will be an asset to any wardrobe.
Saturday, Sep. 25 (12-2 pm) OR Wednesday, Sep. 29 (1-3 pm).
Toe-Up Socks--Yes....we repeat this class quite often here at the shop. Because socks are so portable, easy and FUN to knit, we have lots of knitters wanting to learn. If you are confident with both the knit and the purl stitch, you'll easily master this basic toe-up pattern.
Choose one or more of the following: Wednesdays, Oct. 6 or Nov. 17 (1-3 pm) OR Saturday, Nov. 20 (12-2 pm)
Cuff-Down Socks--Start with this simple, traditional sock construction and you can incorporate a lace pattern, an unusual ribbing, or make it more exciting with a beautiful hand-dyed yarn. Must know how to knit and purl.
Saturdays, Oct. 9 or Dec. 4(12-2 pm) OR Wednesday, Dec. 1 (1-3 pm)
Gansey Sweater KAL--Join us for this fun Knit Along! We'll be learning together as we each knit our own sweater. Ganseys have a unique history and interesting construction. They are beautiful, versatile and you can choose from many different components to include, or you can keep it as simple as you like. You don't have to attend EVERY class, but you can come as often as you like. You will need to purchase the "Knitting Ganseys" book, which we have in stock.
Wednesdays, Oct. 13 & 27 (1-3 pm) and Saturdays Oct. 16 & 30 (1-3 pm)
Angelina--This cute, lacy bolero-type sweater is knit using a light worsted weight yarn. Dress it up with a glitzy yarn for the holidays, or use a yummy exotic blend to make it extra special!
Wednesday, Oct. 27 (1-3 pm) OR Saturday, Oct. 30 (12-2 pm)
Wednesday, Nov. 3 (1-3 pm) OR Saturday, Nov. 6 (12-2 pm)